- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Social Work
Sierra Rehabilitation and Care Community is a diverse community with three distinct neighborhoods serving the needs with those of complex medical care requirements, mental health and memory support needs. Our innovative holistic programming serves a wide age range. Guests can get involved in our therapeutic work program or enjoy any of our frequent outings. We offer private room accommodations equipped with flat-screen TVs and phones for those in need of post-acute rehabilitation. Sierra’s memory support neighborhood, Legacy, provides guests with a beautifully renovated atmosphere and two distinct courtyards.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Sierra Rehabilitation and Care Community is seeking a FULL TIME, SOCIAL WORKER at their 101 bed skilled nursing community located in Lakewood, CO.
The primary responsibility of the SOCIAL WORKER position is to assist in planning, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing the overall operation of our facility’s Social Services Department. A successful SOCIAL WORKER in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Dementia and Alzheimer's experience
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree from an approved school of Social Work or a bachelor’s degree in a human service field including but not limited to sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling, and psychology.
- Must have, as a minimum, one (1) year supervised social work experience in a health care setting working directly with individuals.
Sierra Rehabilitation and Care Community is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!