- Do you effectively communicate with people?
- Are you passionate about people’s overall health and well-being?
- Are you an individual who takes responsibility and follows through?
- Do you naturally love to care for people?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. "Vivage" means "celebrating aging" inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences. We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care.. right place..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The primary responsibility of your job position is to assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing our facility’s social service program following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to ensure that the medically related and emotional social needs of the residents are met and maintained on an individual basis.
- Interview residents, or family members, on admission to obtain social history, and assess memory and depression.
- Facilitate care conferences with IDT, patient, and family on admission to review and discuss plan of care.
- Coordinate with community agencies, such as home health, palliative care, hospice, and durable medical equipment companies to establish safe discharge plan.
- Assist with planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Social Services Department
- Assist with develop and implementing policies and procedures for the identification of the medically related and emotional needs of the resident.
- May assist with Access-A-Ride and Assisted Living applications.
- Communicate the department’s policies and procedures to employees, residents, visitors, government agencies, etc.
- Provide consultation to members of our staff, community agencies, etc., in efforts to solve the needs and problems of the resident.
- Maintain a quality working relationship with the medical profession and other health related facilities.
- Record and maintain regular Social Service progress notes indicating response on treatment plan.
- Compile and maintain a social service directory listing.
- Assist in arranging transportation to other facilities when necessary.
- Assist with reviewing and developing a plan for social service deficiencies noted during survey inspections.
- Make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the Administrator.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a community and social services file of agencies and organizations and organizations that provide assistance to residents.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Experience with discharge planning is required.
- Familiarity with community outreach and following up with referrals via phone.
- Some health care experience preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors of Social Work Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must have, as a minimum, two (2) years of experience as a social worker.