Social Worker - Amberwood
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Social Work
At Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, our mission is to provide services designed to care for the "whole person”, with rehabilitation, renewal, and recovery at the center of your wellness journey. Our Rehabilitation Suites allow you to relax in optimal privacy and comfort. Amberwood’s team of onsite therapists and clinical staff help with a broad range of medical needs including stroke recovery, fractures, hip and knee replacement, heart or respiratory issues and other situations that require strengthening following hospitalization. Amberwood Court features a dedicated Korean Neighborhood ‘Go Hyang Jip’ complete with Korean speaking staff and specialized amenities.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Amberwood is seeking a Full TimeSOCIAL WORKER at their 75 bed skilled nursing community located in Denver, CO.
The primary responsibility of the SOCIAL WORKER position is to assist in planning, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing the overall operation of our facility’s Social Services Department. A successful SOCIAL WORKER in our community would:
- Assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures for the identification of medically related social and emotional needs of the resident.
- Participate in the admission, discharge, etc. in the department.
- Provide information to resident/families as to Medicare/Medicaid, and other financial assistance programs.
- Evaluate social and family information and assist in determining plans for social treatment.
- Interpret social, psychological, and emotional needs of the resident/family to the medical staff, attending physician, and other resident care team members.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree from an approved school of Social Work or a bachelor’s degree in a human service field including but not limited to sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling, and psychology.
- Must have, as a minimum, one (1) year supervised social work experience in a health care setting working directly with individuals.
[FACILITY] is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!