Social Services Director
Social Services Director
- Is managing multiple things at one time easy for you?
- Are you passionate about building relationships and connections with people?
- Do you like to collaborate and work as part of a team?
- Are you passionate about delivering high quality service?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. "Vivage" means "celebrating aging" inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care.. right place..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
Engaging Culture Competitive Pay Growth Opportunities Great Benefits Family Environment Payactiv
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
- Develop, maintain, evaluate, and direct social service programs, including but not limited to, psycho-pharmacology, behavior management and memory care
- Interview, select staffing personnel and provide them with Skilled Nursing Facility Social Services Orientation, with the support of Social Services Quality Improvement Consultant
- Implement Social Services policies and procedures
- Educate the department’s policies and procedures to employees, residents, visitors, government agencies, etc
- Interview residents, or family members, as necessary to obtain social history
- Participate in the admission, discharge, MDS coordination, etc. of the department
- Coordinate and Facilitate Psychotropic Medication Committee
- Provide consultation to members of our staff, community agencies, etc., in efforts to solve the needs and challenges of the resident
- Coordinate social service activities with other departments
- Develop and maintain an updated file of agencies and organizations that provide assistance to residents
- Review and develop a plan of correction for Social Services deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provide a written copy to the Administrator
- Maintain current written records of department expenditures
- Participate in facility QAPI process
- Perform all other duties as requested
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served
- Must be knowledgeable of laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to hospital and nursing facility administrative procedures
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree from an approved school of Social Work or a bachelor’s degree in a human service field including but not limited to sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling, and psychology. Masters degree preferred.
- Must have, as a minimum, two (2) years experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility
Vivage is an Equal Opportunity Employer