Social Services Associate
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Parkmoor Village HCC is seeking a Full Time SOCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE at their 125 bed skilled nursing community located in Colorado Sprinsg, CO.
The primary responsibility of the SOCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE is to assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing our facility’s social service program following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to ensure that the medically related and emotional social needs of the resident are met and maintained on an individual basis. A successful SOCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Assist with planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Social Services Department
- Assist with completion of Medicaid applications and gather all required information (i.e. bank statements, insurance cards, income trusts, SSI or SSD award letter, POA).
- Assist/complete long-term care Medicaid long term care and re-determinations forms.
- Assist/complete ULTCs for co-pay coverage, continued stay review, SNF to SNF transfer, return to community; assist in finding placement for transfer/discharge (i.e. makes appointments and referrals).
- Assist with develop and implementing policies and procedures for the identification of the medically related and emotional needs of the resident.
- May assist with Access-A-Ride and Assisted Living applications.
- Assist residents with transport for errands.
- Communicate the department’s policies and procedures to employees, residents, visitors, government agencies, etc.
- Assist in the scheduling of activity care plans and assessments.
- Assists BOM in completing PETI requests for long-term care residents.
- Involve the resident/family in planning social service programs when necessary.
- Provide consultation to members of our staff, community agencies, etc., in efforts to solve the needs and problems of the resident.
- Maintain a quality working relationship with the medical profession and other health related facilities.
- Coordinate social service activities with other departments.
- Record and maintain regular Social Service progress notes indicating response on treatment plan.
- Compile and maintain a social service directory listing.
- Assist in arranging transportation to other facilities when necessary.
- Assist with reviewing and developing a plan for social service deficiencies noted during survey inspections.
- Interview residents, or family members, as necessary to obtain social history.
- Make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the Administrator.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a community and social services file of agencies and organizations and organizations that provide assistance to residents.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Must maintain a valid, unrestricted Colorado driver’s license.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into exiting practices.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Knowledge regarding PASRRs, Level II, and PASRR updates.
- Familiarity with community outreach and following up with referrals via phone.
- Some health care experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!