Social Services Associate
Social Services Associate
- Is managing multiple things at one time easy for you?
- Are you passionate about building relationships and connections with people?
- Do you like to collaborate and work as part of a team?
- Are you passionate about delivering high quality service?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. "Vivage" means "celebrating aging" inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care.. right place..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
Engaging Culture Competitive Pay Growth Opportunities Great Benefits Family Environment Payactiv
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The primary responsibility of your job position is to assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing our facility’s social service program. You are entrusted to ensure that the medically related and emotional social needs of the residents are met and maintained on an individual basis.
- Assist with planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Social Services Department
- Assist with completion of Medicaid applications and gather all required information (i.e. bank statements, insurance cards, income trusts, SSI or SSD award letter, POA)
- Assist/complete long-term care Medicaid long term care and re-determinations forms
- Assist/complete ULTCs for co-pay coverage, continued stay review, SNF to SNF transfer, return to community; assist in finding placement for transfer/discharge (i.e. makes appointments and referrals)
- May assist with applications for community resources
- Assist residents with transport for errands
- Assist in the scheduling of activity care plans and assessments
- Assists BOM in completing PETI requests for long-term care residents
- Involve the resident/family in planning social service programs when necessary
- Maintain a quality working relationship with the medical professionals and other health related facilities
- Coordinate social service activities with other departments
- Record and maintain regular Social Service progress notes indicating response on treatment plan
- Assist in arranging transportation to other facilities when necessary
- Assist with reviewing and developing a plan for social service deficiencies noted during survey inspections
- Interview residents, or family members, as necessary to obtain social history
- Assist in developing and maintaining a community and social services file of agencies and organizations and organizations that provide assistance to residents
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors
- Perform all other duties, as requested
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Must be knowledgeable of laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to hospital and nursing facility administrative procedures
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Some health care experience preferred
- Must maintain a valid, unrestricted Colorado driver’s license
Vivage is an Equal Opportunity Employer