Social Services Associate
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Social Work
Are you looking for an opportunity and company that you can call home? If so, look no further. University Heights is more than a skilled nursing facility, we are a family-oriented team that is dedicated to providing quality care and services to the Aurora and surrounding communities. University Heights is actively building a team that is driven by core values that go above and beyond in meeting the needs of elders while also providing peace of mind to their families.
At University Heights, you are a part of team that is driven to be the leader in providing meaningful moments for residents, and staff. To us care goes beyond providing services, it starts with building relationships and trust with our staff, residents and families,
University Heights is unique and separates its self from other senior living facilities through values that seek to develop employees for today, and what the future may bring to their careers.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, University Heights is seeking a full time SOCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE at their 120 bed skilled nursing community located in Aurora, CO
The primary responsibility of the SOCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE is to assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing our facility’s social service program following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to ensure that the medically related and emotional social needs of the resident are met and maintained on an individual basis. A successful SOCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Comfortable in the long term care environment
- Knowledge and experience writing resident care plans
- Extensive knowledge of the greivance process
- PASRR knowledge desired
- Must maintain a valid, unrestricted Colorado driver’s license.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into exiting practices.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Knowledge regarding PASRRs, Level II, and PASRR updates.
- Familiarity with community outreach and following up with referrals via phone.
- Some health care experience preferred.
University Heights Rehab and Care Community is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!