Social Services Associate - Valley View
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Social Work
At Valley View Care Center, we understand the need for focusing on personalized services conducive for care and healing. In addition to providing short-term rehabilitation, we provide long-term care services for those individuals requiring specialized behavioral care. Valley View blends the need for a structured, stable environment and promoting an atmosphere of belonging through resident-centered care. We feature a wide variety of activities to keep residents active, stimulated and spiritually satisfied.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Valley View is seeking a full time SOCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE at their 60 bed skilled nursing community located in Canon City, CO.
The primary responsibility of the SOCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE is to assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing our facility’s social service program following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to ensure that the medically related and emotional social needs of the resident are met and maintained on an individual basis. A successful SOCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Experience in LTC Social Services perferred.
- Working knowledge of M.I., TBI, Dementia, and Behaviors.
- Knowledge of M.D.S., Medicaid, Medicare, required Social Services Assessments, Occurance Reporting/Investigation process, Documentation, a must.
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced enviroment with numerous daily and weekly deadlines.
- Must maintain a valid, unrestricted Colorado driver’s license.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into exiting practices.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Knowledge regarding PASRRs, Level II, and PASRR updates.
- Familiarity with community outreach and following up with referrals via phone.
- Some health care experience preferred.
Valley View is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!