Social Services Associate - Eagle Ridge
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Social Work
At Eagle Ridge of Grand Valley we are dedicated to enhancing the lives of those we serve. Whether the need is for short-term rehabilitative stay of care or for an extended period of time, it is our goal to exceed the expectations of our residents by providing quality care and exceptional service.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Eagle Ridge of Grand Valley is seeking a Part Time SOCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE at their 70 bed skilled nursing community located in Grand Junction, Colorado.
The primary responsibility of the SOCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE is to assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing our facility’s social service program following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to ensure that the medically related and emotional social needs of the resident are met and maintained on an individual basis. A successful SOCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong ability to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Comfort level with persons living with mental as well as physical challenges.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Ability to do 1:1 assessments with residents in a timely manner.
- Ability to work holidays and weekends when needed.
- Must maintain a valid, unrestricted Colorado driver’s license.
A social worker with a Bachelor’s degree in social work registered or authorized expressly by Colorado law to practice as a social worker who has one year of social work experience under the supervision of a licensed social worker in a health care setting working directly with residents, or a social worker with a Master’s degree in social work who is licensed as a licensed social worker or licensed clinical social worker under Colorado law, or a person with a Master's or Bachelor's Degree in a related human services field who has monthly consultation with a person meeting the qualifications in subsection 2 above. The consultation shall be sufficient in amount to assist the social work staff to meet resident needs.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into exiting practices.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Knowledge regarding PASRRs, Level II, and PASRR updates.
- Knowledge or ability to plan discharges to the community/other facility.
- Long-term care experience preferred.
Eagle Ridge is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!