RN Superivsor - Parkmoor
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
At Parkmoor, we measure outcomes and successes based on what our residents, family members and employees consider important. We welcome and encourage you to take a tour to see and experience the difference at Parkmoor Village. We are dedicated – whether you are staying with us for only a few days or have decided to join us long term – to help you pursue possibilities and continue to stay involved in lifelong community activities and events.
- Our neighborhoods provide a warm and personalized atmosphere
- Complimentary Therapies include Massage and Aromatherapy
- Pets are welcome and are part of your recovery – ask about our Pet Program
- Transportation is provided from local hospitals and to physician appointments
- Transitional Care services for community placement
- Memory Care services provided
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Parkmoor Village HCC is seeking a Full Time REGISTERED NURSE SUPRVISOR at their 125 bed skilled nursing community located in Colorado Springs, CO.
The primary purpose of the REGISTERED NURSE SUPERVISOR is to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities of the facility during your tour of duty. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing Services, to ensure that every effort possible is made to provide quality of care and quality of life services to our residents. A successful REGISTERED NURSE SUPERVISOR in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Direct, evaluate and supervise all resident care and initiate corrective action.
- Make daily resident rounds and report status of nursing care to the Director of Nursing Service.
- Assist with analysis of incident and accident investigation reports to determine cause(s) and implement corrective action(s) when appropriate.
- Coordinate resident transportation between Nursing Department and Social Service Department.
- Monitor central supply ordering between the nursing department and the business office.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Director of Nursing as necessary/required, concerning the operation of the nursing department.
- Assist in developing methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents' total regimen of care.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as requested by the Administrator or Director of Nursing.
- Periodically review the resident's written discharge plan. Participate in the written resident's discharge plan as required.
- Admit, transfer and discharge residents as required.
- Complete accident/incident reports as necessary and conduct the R.N. Assessment of any resident involved in an incident/accident requiring R.N. intervention and direction of the plan of care.
- Reviews the twenty-four (24-Hr) report routinely throughout assigned shift to ensure accuracy of information, identified resident care areas, etc. and assist charge nurse will follow-up to identified issues and concerns.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in this state.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved Registered Nurse program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- CPR certification required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in long term care nursing facility
- Nursing supervisor experience preferred.
Parkmoor Village Healthcare Center is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!