Restorative CNA - University Heights
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, University Heights is seeking a RESTORATIVE CNA at their skilled nursing community located in Lakewood, CO.
The primary responsibility of your job position is to assist in performing restorative nursing procedures that maximize the resident’s existing abilities, emphasize independence, and minimize the negative effects of disability with an attitude of realistic optimism following current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in planning, developing, implementing, evaluating, and directing restorative care services, as well as programs and activities.
- Meet with the administration, medical and nursing staff, therapy department, as well as other related departments in planning restorative care.
- Assist in maintaining a current file, treatment records, resident files, and progress notes of residents treated.
- Review request form for restorative care and physicians’’ orders.
- Prepare resident for treatment by dress/position and administer restorative care in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist with instructing and supervising resident during therapy.
- Inform the resident of consequences of not participating in prescribed therapy and document such action in the resident’s clinical record.
- Participate in discharge planning, development and implementation of resident care plans, resident assessments, etc., as necessary.
- Reports changes in resident status, health or otherwise, to supervisor.
- Responsible for cleaning common areas, occupied and vacant apartments in accordance with FMI policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Maintain and support a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity.
- Maintain confidentiality and rights of resident, family, employee, and facility information in compliance with PHI HIPAA policies and applicable regulations.
- Maintain safe work environment and exhibits safe work practices.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a 10th grade education.
- Graduate of a state approved nursing assistant training program and passed a state approved competency examination (written and skills) within 120 days of employment name entered into state nurse aide registry.
- Six months experience in a long-term care environment preferred.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be a supportive team member.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must possess a valid and unrestricted Driver’s License.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active nursing license to practice in the state.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to hospital and nursing facility administrative procedures.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- No experience required. On-the-job training provided.
University Heights is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!