- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Responsible for administering safe and competent respiratory care as ordered per physician, monitoring mechanical ventilation, administering medications, patient assessment, understanding ramifications of hemodynamic monitoring, understanding blood work results, monitoring, teaching, and training.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Competent delivery of all Respiratory Care procedures as outlined in the department policy and procedure manual.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of all Respiratory Care procedures per department policy and procedures.
- Verify Respiratory Care physicians’ orders. Initial, date, and time order after verification.
- Receive and give accurate and complete report. Update and complete patient profile card to reflect patient's current clinical status. Be prepared and ready to receive/give report at the specified report times.
- Attend and participate in department in services, meetings, patient care rounds, and mandatory meetings.
- Keep Supervisor appraised of changes in work load and patient acuity.
- Enter all daily services and charges given to patients.
- Demonstrate excellent working knowledge of Respiratory Care instruments and equipment. Perform troubleshooting with appropriate problem resolution.Perform effective airway management to include bag/mask ventilation. Assist physician/intubation certified therapist with intubation. Demonstrate safe and appropriate suction techniques and use of artificial airways.
- Initiate and perform "CPR". Primarily responsible for airway management.
- Initiate, maintain, monitor and document continuous mechanical ventilation.
- Provide timely and accurate update information to the physicians and other hospital personnel. Make recommendations for changes or modification of patient therapy by contacting physicians.
- Assist in orientation/training of new employees, respiratory/nursing students, and precept new employees during orientation.
- Understand and institute advanced ventilator modalities.
- Effectively discuss advanced respiratory pathophysiology with physicians and can implement changes based on patient condition.
- Perform arterial blood gas sampling.
- Initiate maintain and monitor ventilator patients.
- Evaluate chest x-ray for endotracheal placement and other clinical conditions optimizing Respiratory Care delivery.
- Complete required continuous training and education, including department-specific requirements.
- Comply with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, asbestos, and other hazardous substances.Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served within the unit.
- As required for attainment of Certification or Registry by National Board of Respiratory Care.
- Current Certification of Respiratory Therapy or credential as Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board of Respiratory Care.
- Must maintain currency of NBRC, credential, ACLS Certification, BLS Certification and State license.
- Experience in direct care of residents in a like field.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public
- Must be a supportive team member
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents
- Must be able to communicate and function in and interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent people skills and organizational skills
- Must be well groomed, clean shaven (i.e., no beards, long hair, visible facial rings / piercings, tattoos)