Resident Services Director
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Uptown Healthcare Center is a community wherein complementary alternative modalities are utilized for healing and creating a sense of well-being. The goal of Uptown is to foster an environment that is focused on care, healing and wellness. Uptown serves a diverse population with a wide age range. We serve to deliver the highest quality care to those in need, including the behavioral health population.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Uptown Healthcare Center is seeking a Full Time RESIDENT SERVICES DIRECTOR at their 79 bed skilled nursing community located in Denver, CO.
The primary responsibility of your job position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the
Social Services Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that
govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to ensure that the medically related and
emotional social needs of the resident are met and maintained on an individual basis.
- Plan, develop, maintain, evaluate, and direct the social service programs of the community.
- Assist in the development, administration, and coordinator of department policies and procedures.
- Recruit, interview, and select staffing personnel.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the identification of the medically related and emotional needs of the resident.
- Interpret the department’s policies and procedures to employees, residents, visitors, government agencies, etc.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the resident and family.
- Participate in discharge planning, development and implementation of social care plans and resident assessments.
- Involve the resident/family in planning social service programs when necessary.
- Provide consultation to members of our staff, community agencies, etc., in efforts to solve the needs and problems of the resident.
- Participate in the admission, discharge, MDS coordination, etc of the department.
- Maintain a quality working relationship with the medical profession and other health related facilities.
- Coordinate social service activities with other departments.
- Assist in arranging transportation to other facilities when necessary.
- Interview residents, or family members, as necessary to obtain social history.
- Develop and maintain a community and social services file of agencies and organizations and organizations that provide assistance to residents.
- Review and develop a plan of correction for activity deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provide a written copy of such a report to the Administrator.
- Keep abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards, and make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the Administrator.
- Perform administrative requirements, such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submitting such to the Administrator as required; assure that resident notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided and of the resident’s response to the service.
- Train/mentor activity personnel as necessary.
- Schedule department working hours.
- Maintain current written records of department expenditures.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree from an approved school of Social Work is required.
- Must have, as a minimum, two (2) years experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must be a member in good standing in the National Association of Social Workers and Academy of Certified Social Workers, Inc.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Job training: how long it usually takes to competently perform this job when the incumbent has the minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities, work experience and/or education:
up to 3 months up to 6 months up to 1 year 1 -2 years 3 - 5 years 5+ years
- Works in all areas of the facility.
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, etc.
- Communicates with the maintenance personnel, nursing staff, and other department supervisors.
- Works beyond normal duty hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
- Is subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the workday, as well as reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility, which include a mental and physical examination.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and /or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
Uptown Healthcare Center is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
No agencies or affiliates please.