Registered Nurse Superivsor
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Are you looking for an opportunity and company that you can call home? If so, look no further. University Heights is more than a skilled nursing facility, we are a family-oriented team that is dedicated to providing quality care and services to the Aurora and surrounding communities. University Heights is actively building a team that is driven by core values that go above and beyond in meeting the needs of elders while also providing peace of mind to their families.
At University Heights, you are a part of team that is driven to be the leader in providing meaningful moments for residents, and staff. To us care goes beyond providing services, it starts with building relationships and trust with our staff, residents and families,
University Heights is unique and separates its self from other senior living facilities through values that seek to develop employees for today, and what the future may bring to their careers.
Our management company, Vivage Senior Living, is a national recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. Vivage Senior Living is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “Living Well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, University Heights is seeking a FULL TIME evening shift, 2:00pm-10:30 pm REGISTERED NURSE SUPRVISOR at their 88 bed skilled nursing community located in Aurora, CO.
The primary purpose of the REGISTERED NURSE SUPERVISOR is to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities of the facility during your tour of duty. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing Services, to ensure that every effort possible is made to provide quality of care and quality of life services to our residents. A successful REGISTERED NURSE SUPERVISOR in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Knowledge and experience with PCC desired but not required
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Willing and able to assist direct care staff with resident care duties
- Comfortable in the LTC environment
- A spirit of service, kindness and willingness to help is desired
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in this state. A compact license will be considered
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved Registered Nurse program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- CPR certification required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in long term care nursing facility
- Nursing supervisor experience preferred.
University Heights is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!