Registered Nurse (PRN)
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care! AVIVA at Fitzsimons is our new skilled nursing facility opening in Aurora, CO.
- Are you passionate about managing multiple priorities?
- Do you like to deliver high quality service?
- Do you get excited about caring for others?
- Do you love to naturally love to problem solve?
The primary responsibility of the Registered Nurse (RN) is to provide direct nursing care to residents and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. In this role, you are entrusted to ensure that the highest degree of quality care can be provided to our residents at all times.
Resident Care Duties: 60% time
- Coordinate resident care with other departments
- Provide resident care according to physician orders
- Administer medications and treatments
- Communicate changes in resident’s condition
- Admit, transfer and discharge residents as required
- Respond to family concerns and complaints
- Assure that resident abuse does not occur
- Respond to all resident call bells regardless of assignment
- Complete wound care rounds to assess, develop, implement, and evaluate various types wound care needs on each resident
- Provide wound care to medically complex residents in collaboration with the physician
- Attend care plan meetings
Department Duties: 20% time
- Assist with training, supervision, appraisals and corrective action for nursing personnel
- Make rounds to assess quality care performance and teamwork by employees, assuring quality service
- Make recommendations to the Nurse Supervisor to the Nurse Supervisor concerning employee dismissals, transfers, etc.
- Assist nursing management with budgetary development and control
- Establish open lines of communication between all nursing personnel
- May act in the absence of the Director of Nursing or Administrator/Executive Director
Reporting Duties: 20% time
- Complete accident/incident reports
- Participate in employee performance evaluations, determining your shift’s staffing requirements
- Perform administrative duties such as: completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc.
- Coordinate adequate pharmaceutical supplies with consulting pharmacy
- Maintain confidentiality and rights of resident, family, employee and facility information in compliance with PHI HIPPA policies and applicable regulations
- Detail oriented and follow through
- Takes responsibility and ownership
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task priorities
- Work well with people including staff, residents and families
- High customer services oriented
- Ability to meet and build relationships with all types of people
- Ability to foster teamwork
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Curiosity and desire to learn
- Ability to think quickly on your feet and come up with alternate solutions
- Able to ask great questions
- Process information quickly and conceptually
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Experience: One-year experience in long-term care environment (preferred)
License: Current, encumbered, active license to practice RN in Colorado (required)
Certifications: CPR (required)
Knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of residents served.
Knowledge of nursing and medical practices and procedures
Knowledge of laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Reports to: Director of Nursing
- Department: Nursing
- Standards-Health Department Standards
AVIVA at Fitzsimons is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!