Registered Nurse - Aviva at Fitzsimons
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Come join our new AVIVA at Fitzsimons skilled nursing community as a full-time REGISTERED NURSE (RN)! This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with the opening of a beautiful new facility in Aurora, CO.
The primary responsibility of the REGISTERED NURSE (RN) is to provide direct nursing care to residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. In this role, you are entrusted to ensure that the highest degree of quality care can be provided to our residents at all times.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate resident care with other departments.
- Assist with training, supervision, appraisals and corrective action for nursing personnel.
- Provide resident care according to physician orders.
- Administer medications and treatments.
- Communicate changes in resident's condition.
- Perform administrative duties such as: completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as required.
- Make rounds to assess quality of care performance and teamwork by employees, assuring quality service.
- Complete accident/incident reports.
- Participate in employee performance evaluations, determining your shift’s staffing requirements.
- Make recommendations to the Nurse Supervisor concerning employee dismissals, transfers, etc.
- Assist nursing management with budgetary development and control.
- Coordinate adequate pharmaceutical supplies with consulting pharmacy.
- Respond to family concerns and complaints.
- Establish open lines of communication between all nursing personnel.
- Assure that resident abuse does not occur.
- Respond to all resident call bells regardless of assignment.
- Complete wound care rounds to assess, develop, implement, and evaluate various types wound care needs on each resident.
- Provide wound care to medically complex residents in collaboration with the physician.
- May act in the absence of the Director of Nursing or Administrator/Executive Director.
- Maintain confidentiality and rights of resident, family, employee, and facility information in compliance with PHI HIPAA policies and applicable regulations.
- Maintains safe work environment and exhibits safe work practices.
- Attend care plan meetings as assigned.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved Registered Nurse program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- One year experience in a long-term care environment preferred.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in this state.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- CPR certification required
AVIVA at Fitzsimons is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!