Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Food Service
Summit Rehabilitation and Care Community serves as one of Aurora’s finest post-acute rehabilitation programs with 16 transitional care suites. Summit also specializes in caring for those with Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia as well as those needing long-term skilled nursing services.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Summit Rehabilitation and Care Community is seeking a full time REGISTERED DIETITIAN NUTRITIONIST at their 107 bed skilled nursing community located in Aurora, CO.
The primary responsibility of the REGISTERED DIETITIAN NUTRITIONIST is to plan, organize, coordinate and evaluate the nutritional components of food services for the facility and to provide guidance to the Dietary manager in the operations of the Dietary Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities.
A successful REGISTERED DIETITION NUTRITIONIST in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Detail oriented.
- Offers support, assistance, and education.
- Team focus.
- Positive attitude.
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist per the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Dietetics from an accredited college or university.
- Be a graduate of an accredited course in dietetic training approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and/or licensed in Dietetics by the applicable state.
- Must have, as a minimum, 3-5 years of dietary experience in long-term care either as a consultant or in a supervisory capacity.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered active license to practice as a dietitian in this state.
- Must be available to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays when necessary and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of dietary practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing food services functions in nursing care facilities.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc ., of the Food Service Department.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be able to relate information concerning the resident’s condition.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Summit Rehabilitation and Care Community is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!