Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Food Service
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Aviva at Fitzsimons is seeking a Full-Time REGISTERED DIETITIAN NUTRITIONIST at their 100 bed skilled nursing community located in Aurora, CO.
The primary responsibility of the REGISTERED DIETITIAN NUTRITIONIST is to plan, organize, coordinate and evaluate the nutritional components of food services for the facility and to provide guidance to the Dietary manager in the operations of the Dietary Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities.
A successful REGISTERED DIETITION NUTRITIONIST in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Completes clinical duties and documentation accurately and timely (i.e., nutritional assessments, quarterly progress notes, progress notes on nutritional risk residents, MDSs, RAPs, care plans, discharge plans). Conducts resident interviews and processes diet orders.
- Counsels residents, their family members and facility staff on sound nutritional practices to promote good health and disease treatment.
- Recommends nutrition interventions based on the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or American Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition scope of practice and professional standards.
- Completes medical nutrition therapy utilizing current practice guidelines.
- Adheres to the Nutrition Care Process per the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Writes therapeutic diet and texture orders, supplement orders and multivitamin/mineral orders.
- Plans menus and diets that meet the nutritional needs of residents in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Participates in various meetings and committees as appointed by the Administrator. Evaluates and implements recommendations from the facility’s committee.
- Meets with the Dietary Manager regularly and solicits advice from interdepartmental supervisors concerning the operation of the dietary department. Assists in identifying and correcting problem areas and/or improvements of services.
- Contributes to budgetary cost control. Complies with Corporate purchasing contracts and programs.
- Oversees and provides routine in-service education to staff.
- Ensures adherence to quality assurance processes by routinely auditing (i.e., meal service, dining, safety, sanitation, test tray, meal satisfaction and clinical audits) the dietary areas and practices for compliance with current regulation and policies and reporting to the QA&A Committee.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist per the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Dietetics from an accredited college or university.
- Be a graduate of an accredited course in dietetic training approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and/or licensed in Dietetics by the applicable state.
- Must have, as a minimum, 3-5 years of dietary experience in long-term care either as a consultant or in a supervisory capacity.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered active license to practice as a dietitian in this state.
- Must be available to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays when necessary and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of dietary practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing food services functions in nursing care facilities.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc ., of the Food Service Department.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be able to relate information concerning the resident’s condition.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Aviva at Fitzsimons is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!