QMAP- The Lodge at Grand Junction (Part-time and Full-time)
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Qualified Medication Administration Person (QMAP)
- As you passionate about working with people?
- Do you like to deliver high quality service?
- Do you naturally love to care for people?
- Are you an individual that takes responsibility and follows through on details?
Be a part of our team at Grand Junction Lodge, opening in April 2019. Grand Junction Lodge is designed for easy Colorado living with many options to support senior’s active lifestyle and wellness. Experience majestic Mesa views with a prime location near physician’s offices, St Mary’s Medical Center, shopping and the best Grand Junction has to offer.
Life can be enjoyed with all the comforts of home in our 36 assisted living apartments and suites and 12 memory care apartments in our distinctive residence. Amenities will include 24-hour on-site staffing and emergency response personnel, state-of-the-art technology to support independence and enrichment, personalized lifestyle recreation and leisure offerings. Grand Junction Lodge will offer a variety of chef-prepared culinary and dining experiences and outdoor lifestyle experiences including a greenhouse and horticulture area. In addition, our skilled nursing facility is conveniently located within a few miles of Grand Junction Lodge. With that, we’re able to provide a continuum of care while we serve our seniors needs on all levels.
Our name, WellAge reflects our commitment to creating environments and services to promote our residents aging well and remaining active doing the things they love and enjoy. Grand Junction Lodge is owned and operated by WellAge Senior Communities. We are adding six new communities over the next two years and we’d love for you to join our team!
The primary responsibility of the QMAP position is to meet the daily personal care needs of residents with professionalism, dignity and respect following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to ensure that the highest degree of quality care can be provided to our residents at all times.
Resident Care Duties: 50% time
- Attends to the personal care needs of residents in a timely manner
- Provide assistance with ADLs as requested by residents or directed by supervisor
- Provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served
Relationship Duties: 20% time
- Deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors
- Relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility
Department Duties: 15% time
- Attends, participates and contributes to monthly staff meetings addressing resident and departmental needs
- Responsible for cleaning common areas, occupied and vacant apartments in accordance with FMI policies and procedures
- Attend care plan meetings as assigned
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Resident Medical Duties: 15% time
- Performs duties in alignment with FMI, HIPAA, property objectives and state licensure guidelines
- Monitors the safety and well-being of residents
- Reports changes in resident status, health or otherwise to supervisor
- Not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace
- 1-year experience in geriatric health or retirement facility
- 6-months experience in a long-term care environment (preferred)
- Valid Adult Basic First Aid Certification
- Current medication administration qualification from approved state agency
WellAge is an Equal Opportunity Employer