Prep/Cook - Uptown
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Food Service
Uptown Healthcare Center is a community wherein complementary alternative modalities are utilized for healing and creating a sense of well-being. The goal of Uptown is to foster an environment that is focused on care, healing and wellness. Uptown serves a diverse population with a wide age range. We serve to deliver the highest quality care to those in need, including the behavioral health population.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Uptown Health Care Center is seeking a Part time COOK at their 79 bed skilled nursing community located in Denver, CO.
The primary responsibility of the COOK is to prepare food and ensure the nutritional care of residents. A successful COOK in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Knowledgeable of food preperation and safe food handling procedures.
- Able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
- Able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Possess the ability to be tactfull with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the general public.
- Reliable, on time and ready to work
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be knowledgeable of food procedures.
- Must possess, as a minimum, an 8th grade education.
- Prefer one year food experience in a supervisory capacity. It is preferred that the experience be in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
- Bi-lingual a plus!
Uptown Health Care Center is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
No agencies or affiliates please.