Physical Therapist I Corporate
- Do you effectively communicate with people?
- Are you passionate about people’s overall health and well-being?
- Are you an individual who takes responsibility and follows through?
- Do you naturally love to care for people?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service for our residents, their
families and our employees. "Vivage” means "celebrating aging” inspiring our focus to create innovative
and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences. We are a senior
healthcare company servicing 30 facilities in the Colorado area.
We are a solution driven company which provides right care….. right place…..right time. Our Mission,
Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional
dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business
partner we have. At Vivage, we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The primary responsibility of the Physical Therapist (PT) is to plan, delegate and provide safe and competent physical therapy interventions as ordered by physician. In this role, you are entrusted to ensure that the highest degree of quality care can be provided to our residents at all times.
Resident Care: 60% time
- Provide physical therapy assessments, as well as develop and implement individualized treatment plans to increase client’s independence and functioning
- Supervise Physical Therapy Assistants, provisional licensees, students and support personnel in accordance with state licensure requirements and professional standards
- Identify need to make referrals to other disciplines to address comprehensive care needs of the client
- Demonstrate competent technical skills according to current Physical Therapy standards of practice
- Communicate changes in resident’s condition
- Participate in discharge and community mobility planning
- Prescribe necessary durable medical equipment to facilitate independence
- Provide accurate and timely billing records and supervise supporting clinical documentation
- Respond to family requests and concerns timely
- Assure resident abuse or neglect does not occur
- Observe confidentiality and safeguards for all patient information
Trainings/Education: 20% time
- Participate in collaborative care conferences
- Coordinate and provide training with Restorative Nursing and other Care staff
- Provide education and training to patient, caregiver, and community partners
- Assist with training and education of facility and professional partners
- Ensure compliance with mandatory education, training and competency programs
- Participation in PTA/PT student development and educational programs
Department Duties: 20% time
- Perform screening rounds as directed by Director of Rehabilitation to assess for client needs and environmental safety
- Provide recommendations to Director of Rehab and other team members opportunities for business improvement, safety concerns or other updates
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness and tour readiness of the therapy department
- Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Knowledge: Current Colorado physical therapy practices and procedures including laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities
Skills: Providing appropriate care in post-acute or long-term care environment (preferred)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Program by APTA & CAPTE
Experience: Experience in provide appropriate care in post-acute or long-term care environment (preferred)
License: Current, unencumbered, active Colorado Physical Therapy License (required)
Certifications: CPR (as requested)
- Frequent squatting, twisting and reaching
- Frequent walking and standing
- Occasional resident handling, transferring and lifting from floor, over 100#
- Occasional crawling, climbing and sitting
- Frequent repetitive pushing, pulling and grasping up to 50#
- Must maintain a valid, unrestricted Colorado driver’s license
- All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Vivage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Denver