Physical Therapist Assistant
Physical Therapist Assistant
- Is your energy high and you easily connect with people?
- Do you like to collaborate and work as part of a team?
- Are you passionate about delivering high quality care?
- Are you an individual that excels at managing multiple priorities?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. "Vivage" means "celebrating aging" inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care.. right place..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
Engaging Culture - Competitive Pay - Growth Opportunities - Great Benefits - Family Environment - Payactiv
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The primary responsibility of the Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) is to provide direct physical therapy interventions as planned, delegated, and supervised by the Physical Therapist. The person in this role will also record treatments given and note progress in medical records. In this role, you are entrusted to ensure that the highest degree of quality care can be provided to our residents at all times.
- Provide physical therapy individualized treatment plans and needed updates to increase client’s independence and functioning under the supervision of a Licensed Physical Therapist and in accordance with physician’s orders
- Demonstrate competent technical skills according to current standards of practice
- Communicate changes in resident’s condition
- Participate in discharge and community mobility planning
- Prescribe necessary durable medical equipment to facilitate independence
- Provide accurate and timely billing records and supporting clinical documentation
- Respond to family requests and concerns timely
- Assure resident abuse or neglect does not occur
- Observe confidentiality and safeguards for all patient information
- Coordinate and provide training with Restorative Nursing and other Care staff
- Provide education and training to patient, caregiver, and community partners
- Assist with training and education of facility and professional partners
- Ensure compliance with all community mandatory education, training and competence programs
- Participation in PTA student development and educational programs
- Participate in collaborative care conferences
- Perform screening rounds as directed by the Director of Rehabilitation to assess for client needs and environmental safety
- Provide recommendations to Director of Rehab and other team members opportunities for business improvement, safety concerns or other updates
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness and tour readiness of the therapy department
- Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Current Colorado physical therapy practices and procedures including laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities
- Providing appropriate care in post-acute or long-term care environment (preferred)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited 2-year college level program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association
- Experience in providing appropriate care in post-acute or long-term care environment (preferred)
- Current, unencumbered, active Colorado Physical Therapy Assistant License (required)
Certifications: CPR (as requested)
- Frequent squatting, twisting and reaching
- Frequent walking and standing
- Occasional resident handling, transferring and lifting from floor, over 100#
- Occasional crawling, climbing and sitting
- Frequent repetitive pushing, pulling and grasping up to 50#
- Must maintain a valid, unrestricted Colorado driver’s license
- All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines