Payroll Supervisor I Vivage Corporate Team
- Are you naturally analytical and like to solve problems?
- Do you like to troubleshoot quickly and come up with alternative solutions?
- Are you an individual who has a passion for details?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. "Vivage” means "celebrating aging” inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care….. right place…..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
Engaging Culture ~ Competitive Pay ~ Growth Opportunities ~ Great Benefits ~ Family Environment ~ Payactiv
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The primary purpose of the Payroll Supervisor role is to supervise the Payroll Associates while ensuring that all processes are executed appropriately and in a timely manner. This position optimizes the contribution of the team through coaching and implements workable solutions to business issues with minimum referral to management. This individual manages effective internal and external customer relationships within their own area of responsibility and builds customer relationships in the wider group of the company. Incumbent will follow the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, payroll tax laws and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities.
Team Management: 65% time
- Supervise payroll staff and prepare work schedules to ensure appropriate coverage
- Assist in monitoring workload and evaluate direct reports
- Supervises and evaluates Payroll Associates
- Cover for Payroll Manager in back-up role for vacation and/or high-volume work efforts
Payroll Processing and Reporting: 35% time
- Process community PCNs for each semi-monthly pay period
- Prepare manual checks and process/approve positive pay
- Maintain deduction and authorization records for each employee while processing garnishments and pay advances
- Submit payroll reports as needed (including Quarterly Average Hours Reporting)
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing payroll policies, guidelines and procedures recommending revisions to be consistent with payroll trends and company objectives
- Keeps appraised of federal, state and local payroll laws and regulations in order to ensure company compliance
- Perform all other duties as requested
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations as they apply to payroll base and incentive payroll programs, company policies and operations
- Skills in Google and Microsoft platforms (intermediate)
- Associate Degree (required); Certified Payroll Professional Certification (preferred)
- 3 years of progressively responsible payroll experience; Paylocity and payroll system experience (preferred); minimum of 1 year supervisory experience (strongly preferred)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Corporate