Nursing Home Administrator
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
At University Heights we are dedicated to enhancing the lives of those we serve. Whether the need is for short-term rehabilitation or for an extended period of time, it is our goal to exceed the expectations of our residents by providing quality care and exceptional service. Conveniently located just minutes away from most hospitals, shopping and restaurants in Aurora. Our goal is to deliver compassionate care specifically geared toward the individual needs of you or your loved one. Each resident receives on-going assessments from our highly trained and caring interdisciplinary team members. A personalized plan of care is created for each resident. Family members are encouraged to take an active role in care planning sessions.
The primary responsibility of your the Nursing Home Administrator position is to plan, organize, develop, coordinate and manage the overall operations of the nursing home in accordance with federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations and in accordance with Vivage Management policies and procedures.
- Promotes Vivage’s philosophy of culture change and person-centered care model to ensure residents have the opportunity to grow and live enriched lives.
- Responsible for the overall financial performance of the facility.
- Assures adherence to all Vivage Management standards, programs, policies and systems.
- Chairs the facility’s Performance Improvement Committee and assures appropriate follow-up.
- Develops and implements a marketing plan to maintain facility viability and success; maintains occupancy and payor mix to maximize financial outcomes.
- Ensures the communication and enforcement of residents’ rights; reviews resident complaints and grievances; prepares written reports of action taken; discusses with resident and family as appropriate.
- Participates in governmental agency facility surveys.
- Monitors procurement and utilization of equipment and supplies sufficient to provide safe, sanitary, and quality resident services in all areas.
- Ensures that an adequate number of appropriately trained staff are on duty at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
- Maintains appropriate communication with Vivage Management regarding all clinical, financial and operational issues.
- Assures department managers plan, organize, develop, implement, evaluate and direct facility programs and activities.
- Recruits, trains and leads an effective professional team of managers who implement programs and services which reflect Vivage Management’s values, goals and ethics, and which support financial growth and stability.
- Manages Workers Compensation program.
- Completes all required reports and projects in a timely, efficient manner.
- Develops effective working relationships with staff and maintains an environment conducive to building teams.
- Functions as the home’s chief public relations officer.
- Provides effective leadership and direction to department managers.
- Provides timely documentation regarding performance, counseling and guidance to department managers while promoting growth and competency in a positive and nurturing environment.
- Assists department managers with staff counseling and performance evaluations.
- Directs and implements safety practices including emergency preparedness.
- Assures departmental response and follow-up to Vivage Management’s Consolidated Site Reports.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends through continuing education, committee involvement, journals, networking and other available avenues.
- Participates in various facility, corporate and external committees and task forces.
- Ensures facility and personal involvement within the community.
- Develops and maintains written job descriptions that accurately reflect job responsibilities and are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Purchases all equipment and capital items in accordance with Vivage Management approval protocol and facility governing body.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of long term care state and federal regulations, Medicare, Medicaid, employment law, OSHA and Worker’s Compensation.
- Effective management skills.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to deal tactfully with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret relevant programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Basic computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email
- Effective organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Bachelors degree in health care or related field.
- Valid Nursing Home Administrator license in good standing.
- Eden Associate preferred.
- Must have a minimum of five years supervisory experience in a long term care facility.
- Experience as a Nursing Home Administrator strongly preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to hospital and nursing facility administrative procedures.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.