NHA - North Star
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
At North Star Community, we are dedicated to providing innovative services for all ages and needs. Whether you are coming to us for a short-term rehabilitation stay or have decided to call North Star your home, we care for the whole person – mind, body and spirit. Recognized by the by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society as a"Center for Promotion of Excellence in Long-Term Care”, North Star continues to champion innovative care for those afflicted with Multiple Sclerosis.
VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
The primary responsibility of your the Nursing Home Administrator position is to plan, organize, develop, coordinate and manage the overall operations of the nursing home in accordance with federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations and in accordance with Vivage Management policies and procedures.
- Promotes Vivage’s philosophy of culture change and person-centered care model to ensure residents have the opportunity to grow and live enriched lives.
- Responsible for the overall financial performance of the facility.
- Assures adherence to all Vivage Management standards, programs, policies and systems.
- Chairs the facility’s Performance Improvement Committee and assures appropriate follow-up.
- Develops and implements a marketing plan to maintain facility viability and success; maintains occupancy and payor mix to maximize financial outcomes.
- Ensures the communication and enforcement of residents’ rights; reviews resident complaints and grievances; prepares written reports of action taken; discusses with resident and family as appropriate.
- Participates in governmental agency facility surveys.
- Monitors procurement and utilization of equipment and supplies sufficient to provide safe, sanitary, and quality resident services in all areas.
- Ensures that an adequate number of appropriately trained staff are on duty at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
- Maintains appropriate communication with Vivage Management regarding all clinical, financial and operational issues.
- Assures department managers plan, organize, develop, implement, evaluate and direct facility programs and activities.
- Recruits, trains and leads an effective professional team of managers who implement programs and services which reflect Vivage Management’s values, goals and ethics, and which support financial growth and stability.
- Manages Workers Compensation program.
- Completes all required reports and projects in a timely, efficient manner.
- Develops effective working relationships with staff and maintains an environment conducive to building teams.
- Bachelors degree in health care or related field.
- Valid Nursing Home Administrator license in good standing.
- Eden Associate preferred.
- Must have a minimum of five years supervisory experience in a long term care facility.
- Experience as a Nursing Home Administrator strongly preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to hospital and nursing facility administrative procedures.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please