Memory Care Program Director
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Sierra Rehabilitation and Care Community is a diverse community with three distinct neighborhoods serving the needs with those of complex medical care requirements, mental health and memory support needs. Our innovative holistic programming serves a wide age range. Guests can get involved in our therapeutic work program or enjoy any of our frequent outings. We offer private room accommodations equipped with flat-screen TVs and phones for those in need of post-acute rehabilitation. Sierra’s memory support neighborhood, Legacy, provides guests with a beautifully renovated atmosphere and two distinct courtyards.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Sierra Rehabilitation and Care Community is seeking a Full Time ]MEMORY CARE PROGRAM DIRECTOR at their 101 bed skilled nursing community located in Lakewood, CO.
The primary responsibility of the MEMORY CARE PROGRAM DIRECTOR is to manage all facets of service to address resident care needs. The Memory Care Director assists in hiring, training, supervising and scheduling staff members. The Memory Care Director monitors resident care needs, alerts the nurses when the resident has a change of condition, audits the medication administration program to assure accuracy and completeness, addresses resident and family concerns, coordinates resident special requests and acts as a liaison with community providers. The Memory Care Director is responsible to assure that daily programs/life enrichment activities are scheduled and conducted in a manner that reflects the resident’s capabilities and interests. The Memory Care Director manages services from dietary, maintenance and housekeeping departments in the Special Care Unit and assists with maintaining the budgeted occupancy/census for the unit following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. The position is an unarmed security position.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Understanding of standard techniques used in providing personal services for resident in caring for equipment and supplies.
- Good understanding of basis of asepsis and sterile techniques to avoid infection of residents and self or contamination of equipment and supplies.
- Must be aware of the assessment process, and the development and execution of care plans.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public
- Must be a supportive team member
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents
- Must be able to communicate and function in and interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent people skills and organizational skills
- Must be well groomed, clean shaven (i.e., no beards, long hair, visible facial rings / piercings, tattoos)
- Minimum two (2) years of health related experience or 2 years of college education specific to health and/or senior care.
- Alzheimer’s certification, gerontology, or social services degree preferred.
- Experience in direct care of residents in a like field.
Sierra Rehabilitation and Care Community is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!