MDS Coordinator (RN)
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Vivage is currently seeking a full-time CLINICAL REIMBURSEMENT/MDS COORDINATOR to float and travel within our 28 Communities within Colorado & one site in Missouri.
The primary responsibility of the Traveling CLINICAL REIMBURSEMENT/MDS COORDINATOR is to direct, coordinate and assist with completion & submission of accurate and timely interdisciplinary MDS assessments, CAAs, & Care Plans according to the RAI Users Manual and in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, & Vivage standards.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a professionally minded person wanting to grow with an amazing Organization that puts people first. Join our Clinical Reimbursement team utilizing best practices to deliver consistent quality care.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing; current Colorado RN license (in good standing) and potential license in the State of Missouri and any other state Vivage may expand business operations
- Must have a minimum two (2) years experience in an administrative supervisory capacity in a hospital or nursing facility with at least one (1) year of RAI/MDS experience.
- Experience in rehabilitation and/or geriatric nursing is desirable
- Maintains strong working knowledge of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) Manual as well as completion of the required courses for credentialing through the American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordinators (AANAC) and maintain certification (RAC-CT) within 90 days of employment
- Knowledge of nursing/medical practices and procedures as well as regulations and guidelines that pertain to long term care
- Must have knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid and insurance reimbursement procedures, contracts, clinical resource utilization and/or case management
- Must have basic computer operation and typing skills for efficient data input.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public
- Must have patience and enthusiasm, as well as, the willingness and ability to handle difficult residents
- Competence in supervision and leadership.
- Ability to stand up in front of entire staff and present/teach.
- Experience with PointClickCare, Pointright and Google systems are preferred
- Must be able to accurately and timely assess, coordinate & assist in development and completion of resident assessment process and submission of MDS, CAA, Care Plans per RAI regulations and Vivage Standards
- Must be able to assess residents and relate information regarding resident’s condition to Nursing Management as well as assist in providing supervisory guidance to LPN RAI Coordinator and/or IDT as it relates to the RAI process
- Must be able to assist with completion and review of the IDT Comprehensive Care Plan
- Must be able to analyze, and review CASPER reports, Final Validation & create action plan/QAPI reports
- Provide training, analysis, advice, and consultation within your clinical reimbursement area of responsibility as directed by the Clinical Reimbursement Team
- Must be open to new ideas and be willing to incorporate them into practice
- Must be able to attend and participate as needed in Community's Utilization Management, Triple Check , and other meetings upon request
- Assist in completion of audits to ensure quality assurance and accuracy as directed by the Clinical Reimbursement Specialist
- Monitor, consult and makes effective recommendations for changes and modifications to existing facility processes, systems, policies, and practices which will assure efficient, effective and compliant state Medicaid/Medicare payment performance
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served
- Must be able to communicate Vivage policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must provide excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards the clients we serve
- Complete “Nonviolent Crisis Intervention” training per facility protocol.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!