Maintenance Worker - Parkmoor
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
We measure outcomes and successes based on what our residents, family members and employees consider important. We welcome and encourage you to take a tour to see and experience the difference at Parkmoor Village. We are dedicated – whether you are staying with us for only a few days or have decided to join us long term – to help you pursue possibilities and continue to stay involved in lifelong community activities and events.
- Our neighborhoods provide a warm and personalized atmosphere
- Complimentary Therapies include Massage and Aromatherapy
- Pets are welcome and are part of your recovery – ask about our Pet Program
- Transportation is provided from local hospitals and to physician appointments
- Transitional Care services for community placement
- Memory Care services provided
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Parkmoor Village Healthcare Center is seeking a Temporary Full Time MAINTENANCE WORKER at their 125 bed skilled nursing community located in Colorado Springs, CO.
The primary responsibility of the MAINTENANCE WORKER is to maintain the grounds, facility, and equipment, in a safe and efficient manner. A successful MAINTENANCE WORKER in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Receive and follow maintenance schedule/instructions from your supervisor.
- Perform routine maintenance on grounds, parking areas, driveways etc., by cutting, trimming, policing, sweeping, etc.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair on the facility and equipment to include plumbing, plastering, and electrical, carpentry or mechanical issues.
- Replace burned out light bulbs, to include exit lights, overhead lights, fluorescent lights, room call lights etc.
- Service heating and cooling units/systems, as specified by the manufacturer, and in compliance with the established policies and procedures.
- Perform unscheduled maintenance.
- Report equipment malfunctions or breakdowns to your supervisor.
- Assist others with lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc.
- Ensure that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end of a shift.
- Wear and/or use safety equipment and supplies (e.g., back brace, mechanical lifts, etc.) when lifting or moving heavy objects.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of maintenance practices and procedures in nursing care facilities.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of housekeeping areas.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a 10th grade education.
Parkmoor Village Healthcare Center is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please