- Are you passionate about managing multiple priorities?
- Do you naturally love to solve problems?
- Are you an individual that takes responsibility and follows through on details and documentation?
- Do you get excited working as a high-performing individual and part of a high performing team?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. "Vivage" means "celebrating aging" inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
Engaging Culture - Competitive Pay - Growth Opportunities - Great Benefits - Family Environment - Payactiv
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The primary responsibility of your job position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Maintenance Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to follow established policies and procedures as directed by the Administrator to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
- Plan, develop, organize, evaluate, and direct the Maintenance Department’s programs and activities
- Develop and maintain written maintenance policies and procedures
- Assist with the maintenance staff in the development and use of departmental policies, procedures, equipment, supplies, etc
- Review and interpret the department’s policies, procedures to employees, residents, visitors, government agencies, etc
- Coordinate maintenance services and activities with other related departments
- Assist in developing a preventative maintenance program
- Inspect storage rooms, workrooms, utility/janitorial closets,
- Conduct routine inspections of work areas to ensure safe and proper maintenance procedures are followed at all times
- Follow-up routine inspections to ensure necessary corrections are made
- Troubleshoot service requests daily for residents prioritizing the service requests and ensuring they are completed in a timely manner
- Schedule and track service requests
- Assist in the orientation and training of maintenance personnel
- Review and evaluate the work performance of assigned personnel
- Ensure that assigned work areas are maintained in a safe and attractive manner
- Inspect all aspects of property; grounds, building, vacant apartments, fire alarms, as part of preventive maintenance and curb appeal
- Make certain that maintenance personnel follow established safety precautions
- Wear and/or use safety equipment and supplies (e.g., back brace, mechanical lifts, etc.) when lifting or moving heavy objects
- Follow proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions used for cleaning
- Participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned or that may become necessary
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information including protected health information
- Perform all other duties as requested
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school education or its equivalent
- Must have, as a minimum, two (2) years experience in a maintenance department in health-related facility
Vivage is an Equal Opportunity Employer