Maintenance Director I Arbor View
- Are you passionate about managing multiple priorities?
- Do you naturally love to solve problems?
- Are you an individual that takes responsibility and follows through on details and documentation?
- Do you get excited working as a high-performing individual and part of a high performing team?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. "Vivage” means "celebrating aging” inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care….. right place…..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
Engaging Culture ~ Competitive Pay ~ Growth Opportunities ~ Great Benefits ~ Family Environment ~ Payactiv
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The primary responsibility of your job position is to assist in supervising the day-to-day activities of the Maintenance Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to follow established policies and procedures as directed by the Maintenance Manager, to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
- Assume the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability of supervising maintenance tasks.
- Supervise the day-to-day maintenance functions of assigned personnel.
- May assist the Maintenance Manager/Director in setting maintenance standards.
- May assist the Maintenance Manager/Director with scheduling work assignments and performing maintenance services in patient/resident care areas.
- Coordinate daily maintenance services with other departments when performing maintenance assignments in resident living and/or recreational areas on the shift in which they occurred.
- Ensure that work schedules are followed as closely as practical.
- Submit accident/incident reports to the Manager/Director or Administrator as requested.
- Prepare administrative requirements (i.e., completing necessary forms, reports, etc.) and submit to the Administrator.
- Prepare vacant units, as needed, for new residents ensuring that the unit meets the company’s standards and checklist.
- Conduct routine inspections of work areas to ensure safe and proper maintenance procedures are followed at all times.
- Follow-up routine inspections to ensure necessary corrections are made.
- Troubleshoot service requests daily for residents prioritizing the service requests and ensuring they are completed in a timely manner.
- May schedule and track service requests.
- May assist in the orientation and training of maintenance personnel.
- May review and evaluate the work performance of assigned personnel.
- Ensure that assigned work areas are maintained in a safe and attractive manner.
- Assist in inspection all aspects of property; grounds, building, vacant apartments, fire alarms, as part of preventive maintenance and curb appeal.
- Make certain that maintenance personnel follow established safety precautions.
- Wear and/or use safety equipment and supplies (e.g., back brace, mechanical lifts, etc.) when lifting or moving heavy objects.
- Follow proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions used for cleaning.
- Participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned or that may become necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information including protected health information.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school education or its equivalent.
- Must have, as a minimum, two (2) years experience in a maintenance department in health-related facility.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Arbor View