Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
At North Star Community, we are dedicated to providing innovative services for all ages and needs. Whether you are coming to us for a short-term rehabilitation stay or have decided to call North Star your home, we care for the whole person – mind, body and spirit. Recognized by the by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society as a"Center for Promotion of Excellence in Long-Term Care”, North Star continues to champion innovative care for those afflicted with Multiple Sclerosis.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, North Star Rehabilitation and Care Community is seeking a Part-time LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE at their 85 bed skilled nursing community located in SW Denver, Colorado.
The primary responsibility of the LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE is to provide all assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services. A successful LPN in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Provide resident care according to physician orders.
- Administer medications and treatments.
- Communicate changes in resident's condition.
- Perform administrative duties such as: completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN or LPN/LVN in this state.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved LPN/LVN program.
- CPR certification required.
- One year experience in a long-term care environment preferred.
North Star RCC is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please