Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - PRN - Brookshire
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Brookshire House Rehabilitation and Care Center is dedicated to providing rehabilitation and all stages of memory care services for those with Alzheimer's disease and dementia in a safe, welcoming environment. Brookshire is a premier choice for families in need of memory support. Along with working ties to the Rocky Mountain Alzheimer’s Association, we are a host site for the Alzheimer’s Association’s Art Therapy Program Memories in the Making. We also offer a family support group for dementia caregiver needs. Brookshire House features both secure and non-secure settings.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Brookshire House Rehabilitation and Care Center is seeking a PRN LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE at their 61 bed skilled nursing community located in Denver, CO.
The primary responsibility of the LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE is to provide all assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate resident care with other departments.
- Assist with training, supervision, appraisals and corrective action for nursing personnel.
- Provide resident care according to physician orders.
- Administer medications and treatments.
- Communicate changes in resident's condition.
- Perform administrative duties such as: completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as required.
- Make rounds to assess quality of care performance and teamwork by employees, assuring quality service.
- Complete accident/incident reports.
- Participate in employee performance evaluations, determining your shift’s staffing requirements.
- Make recommendations to the Nurse Supervisor concerning employee dismissals, transfers, etc.
- Assist nursing management with budgetary development and control.
- Coordinate adequate pharmaceutical supplies with consulting pharmacy.
- Respond to family concerns and complaints.
- Establish open lines of communication between all nursing personnel.
- Assure that resident abuse does not occur.
- Respond to all resident call bells regardless of assignment.
- May act in the absence of the Director of Nursing or Administrator/Executive Director.
- Maintain confidentiality and rights of resident, family, employee, and facility information in compliance with PHI HIPAA policies and applicable regulations.
- Maintains safe work environment and exhibits safe work practices.
- Attend care plan meetings as assigned.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved LPN/LVN program.
- One year experience in a long-term care environment preferred.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN or LPN/LVN in this state.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- CPR certification required.
Brookshire is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please