Licensed Nursing Home Administrator
Licensed Nursing Home Administrator
- Do you enjoy leading a team among industry leaders?
- Are you a Leader who enjoys autonomy to create initiatives with strong support and resources?
- Can you provide consistent support to the people and operations of a community?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. "Vivage" means "celebrating aging" inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care.. right place..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
Engaging Culture - Competitive Pay - Growth Opportunities - Great Benefits - Family Environment - Payactiv
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The primary responsibility of your job position is to plan, organize, develop, coordinate and manage the overall operations of the community in accordance with federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations and in accordance with Vivage Management policies and procedures. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Direct and implement community safety-included but not limited to; Workers Compensation, Emergency Preparedness, OSHA requirements
- Recruit, train and lead an effective, professional community leadership team. The team should implement programs and services which reflect Vivage Management’s values, goals and ethics and are in compliance with regulatory guidelines as well as Vivage Management standards, programs, policies and systems. Programs should support financial growth and stability
- Participates in governmental agency facility surveys
- Promote Vivage’s philosophy of culture change and person-centered care model to ensure residents have the opportunity to grow and live enriched lives
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing team to implement a marketing plan to maintain facility viability and success. Maintains occupancy and payor mix to maximize financial outcomes
- Participates in various facility, corporate and external committees and task forces
- Complete required reports and projects accurately and timely. Including but not limited to; Vivage required reports, regulatory reports and personnel reports.
- Provide timely documentation regarding performance, counseling and guidance to department managers while promoting growth and competency in a positive and nurturing environment
- Ability to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies.
- Assure departmental response and follow-up to Vivage required reports. Assure Vivage operational objectives are met.
- Provide effective leadership and direction to department managers
- Develop positive working relationships with staff and maintain an environment conducive to building teams
- Responsible for the overall financial performance of the facility
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of computer systems included but not limited to; LCTTT, PointRIght, PCC, Paylocity,
- Strong financial management skills
- Working knowledge of long-term care and skilled nursing state and federal regulations, Medicare, Medicaid, employment law, OSHA and Worker’s Compensation
- Basic computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Googledocs and email.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to nursing facility administrative procedures
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care or related field
- Preferred minimum of (3) three years supervisory experience in long term care or skilled nursing community.
- Nursing Home Administrator license in good standing