- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Brookshire House Rehabilitation and Care Center is dedicated to providing rehabilitation and all stages of memory care services for those with Alzheimer's disease and dementia in a safe, welcoming environment. Brookshire is a premier choice for families in need of memory support. Along with working ties to the Rocky Mountain Alzheimer’s Association, we are a host site for the Alzheimer’s Association’s Art Therapy Program Memories in the Making. We also offer a family support group for dementia caregiver needs. Brookshire House features both secure and non-secure settings.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Brookshire House is seeking a Full time LAUNDRY WORKER at their 61 bed skilled nursing community located at 4660 E. Asbury Cir., Denver, CO. 80222.
The primary responsibility of your job position is to perform day-to-day activities of the Laundry Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that work and cleaning schedules are followed as closely as practical.
- Coordinate daily laundry services with nursing services when performing routine assignments.
- Collect soiled laundry (linens and clothing) from all living and medical units.
- Sort unwashed articles by color and fabric and tracks all items collected.
- Report any shortages or discrepancies in counts to the Housekeeper.
- Load and unload automatic washing and drying machines; wash, fold, and place clean articles on racks by units.
- Press/iron garments as instructed.
- Clean floors and walls (sweeping, mopping, dusting, spot cleaning).
- Clean work/supply carts, equipment, supplies, etc., as requested.
- Maintain accurate record of all in-coming and out-going clothing items
- File laundry sheets and request records for future reference.
- Routinely handle chemicals commonly used in laundry and performs custodial duties in the laundry area.
- Wear and/or use safety equipment and supplies (e.g., back brace, mechanical lifts, etc.) when lifting or moving heavy objects.
- Wear protective clothing and equipment when handling infectious waste and/or blood/body fluids.
- Attend and participate in facility mandatory in-service training programs as scheduled.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information including protected health information.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- No experience required! On the job training provided.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess, as a minimum, an 8th grade education.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of housekeeping areas.
- Must perform regular inspections of resident rooms/units for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions concerning the mixing of cleaning compounds, liquids, disinfectant solutions, etc.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Brookshire House is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please