At Vivage, we’rerecognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation forseniors and value for our investors. "Vivage" means "celebratingaging" inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven modelsfilled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior healthcare, solution driven company which provides right care.. right place..righttime. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from ourcollective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance ofeach person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner wehave. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovativestrategies and solutions.
THE ADVANTAGE OF WORKING WITH US
Engaging Culture - Competitive Pay - GrowthOpportunities - Great Benefits - Family Environment - Payactiv
The Laundry Worker will pick up, deliver, sort, weigh, wash, dry, iron, fold, stack, and hang residents and community laundry. In this role, the laundry aide uses household and industrial laundry equipment as well as maintains the cleanliness of laundry areas. The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current and existing federal and state regulations and established company policy and procedures.
- Wash garments and linens in an electrically-powered washing machine and adjust valves to proper temperature
- Use soap and other solutions at appropriate times
- Transfer washed clothes from washer to dryer and to baskets for distribution
- Hang finished garments on hangers, or fold and stack garments
- Wear gloves as necessary when handling dirty linens. Wash hands after contact with any soiled linen
- Wash contaminated linens separately if necessary
- Be willing to perform routine tasks on a continuous basis and keep up with flow of work
- Handle, store, process, and transport all linens in a manner that will prevent the spread of infection
- Report malfunctions of equipment
- Distribute clothes to residents’ rooms
- Clean laundry area and equipment
- Ensure that residents’ clothes are properly identified and labeled with indelible ink pen
- Report losses and damages of resident’s laundry
- Maintain inventory of linens and laundry supplies
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of commercial laundry processes, equipment, and procedures for both washing and ironing materials.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- One year of laundry experience preferred; experience with use of household and industrial washers and dryers
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular