- Are you perfectionistic and like things just so?
- Do you like to deliver high quality service?
- Is managing multiple things at one time easy for you?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. "Vivage" means "celebrating aging" inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care.. right place..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
The primary responsibility of your job position is to assist with maintaining a clean, safe, and comfortable manner following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to follow established policies and procedures to ensure a sanitary and compliant environment.
- Prepare vacant units, as needed, for new residents ensuring that the unit meets the company’s standards and checklist
- Ensure that assigned work areas are maintained in a safe and attractive manner
- Sweep/Mop the floors
- Take out the trash
- Clean restrooms
- Sanitize sinks, toilets, tubs and shower areas
- Clean mirrors, lighting fixtures, doors, walls
- Polish furniture
- Inspect and ensure all aspects of property; grounds, building, vacant apartments are clean.
- Follow proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions used for cleaning
- Participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned or that may become necessary
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of housekeeping areas
- Must perform regular inspections of resident rooms/units for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions concerning the mixing of cleaning compounds, liquids, disinfectant solutions, etc.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess, as a minimum, an 8th grade education
- On-the-job training provided
- Works in all areas of the facility
- Moves intermittently during working hours
- Is subject to frequent interruptions
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, etc
- Communicates with the maintenance personnel, nursing staff, and other department supervisors
- Works beyond normal duty hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary
- Is subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.)
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the workday, as well as reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses
- Maintains a liaison with other department directors to adequately plan for food services/activities
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility, which include a mental and physical examination
- Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and /or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situation
- Classification: non-exempt