- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
At North Star Community, we are dedicated to providing innovative services for all ages and needs. Whether you are coming to us for a short-term rehabilitation stay or have decided to call North Star your home, we care for the whole person – mind, body and spirit. Recognized by the by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society as a"Center for Promotion of Excellence in Long-Term Care”, North Star continues to champion innovative care for those afflicted with Multiple Sclerosis.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care
Currently, North Star Rehabilitation and Care Community is seeking a Part-time JANITOR at their 85 bed skilled nursing community located in SW Denver, Colorado.
The primary responsibility the JANITOR is to assist with maintaining a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
A successful JANITOR in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Prepare vacant units, as needed, for new residents ensuring that the unit meets the company’s standards and checklist.
- Ensure that assigned work areas are maintained in a safe and attractive manner.
- Inspect and ensure all aspects of property; grounds, building, vacant apartments are clean.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Follow proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions used for cleaning.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of housekeeping areas.
- Must perform regular inspections of resident rooms/units for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions concerning the mixing of cleaning compounds, liquids, disinfectant solutions, etc.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, an 8th grade education.
North Star Rehabilitation & Care Community is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please
- None required. On-the-job training provided.