Human Resources Associate
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Parkmoor Village HCC is seeking a Full Time HUMAN RESOURCES ASSOCIATE at their 125 bed skilled nursing community located in Colorado Springs, CO.
The primary responsibility the HUMAN RESOURCES ASSOCIATE is to support the human resource function following current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to assure that quality personnel are interviewed, trained and employed. A successful HUMAN RESOURCES ASSOCIATE in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Check applications and references of prospective employees and arrange interviews with department managers.
- Conduct new hire onboarding in conjunction with department leaders, including but not limited to: collecting new hire data and forms, reference checks, I-9 completion, PCN completion, file set up, orientation facilitation, background checks, review of personnel policies, procedures, payroll questions, safety regulations, etc.
- Process all newly hired personnel information.
- Educate employees on benefit programs; attend required training offered by corporate to stay abreast of changes; coordinate open enrollment meetings.
- Responsibility for web benefit processing.
- Must become familiar with and maintain employee information in online benefit and HRIS system.
- Assist in the processing of employee evaluations.
- Implement and maintain an adequate personnel record filing system.
- Keep department managers informed of changes in personnel matters.
- Enter/Edit time records in Paylocity when time edit forms are submitted.
- Assist with risk management and safety programs.
- Assist with Worker Compensation claims and may coordinate work between employees and the insurance carrier.
- Ensure that the facility is in compliance with current applicable federal and state employment regulations (as directed by Vivage).
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent employee information.
- Assist department managers with staffing of their departments, eliminating/correcting problem areas, and improvement of services.
- Communicate policies and procedures to personnel, residents, visitors, etc.
- Provide public information (i.e., verification of employment, wages, etc) in accordance with current laws and community policy.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Attend required training offered by Vivage to stay abreast of changes.
- May assist with the payroll function.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess intermediate word processing and spreadsheet application skills.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- General knowledge of administrative practices and procedures.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the HR programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the facility.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must have the ability to act as a liaison between personnel and management.
- Must be able to communicate personnel policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc. to staff members and government agencies/personnel.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into exiting practices.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
- HRIS and payroll experience preferred.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- High school diploma required; Associates Degree in Business Administration preferred, but not required.
- Two years’ experience as an HR practitioner is preferred.
Parkmoor Village HCC is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please