- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Human Resources
VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
The primary responsibility of the HR Manager is to serve as a Human Resources consultant to managed facilities providing Human Resources expertise following current federal, state and local laws, guidelines and regulations. The HR Manager responsible for administration of employee benefits in all company operations. As needed, this position provides special guidance and assistance to all locations on various employee benefit plans and determine company's competitive position in employee benefits.
A successful HR Manager in this position has the ability to successfully complete the following:
- Administers employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; major medical plans; life insurance plans; disability programs; and voluntary products.
- Handles benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Maintains contact in person, and by phone or mail, with insurance companies, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Evaluates and compares existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information. Plans, develops, and/or participates in area and industry surveys. Analyzes results of surveys and develops specific recommendations for review by management.
- Develops specifications for new plans or modifies existing plans to maintain company's competitive position in labor market, and obtain uniform benefit package for all company locations, where possible.
- In conjunction with the company benefit vendor, installs approved new plans and changes by preparing announcement material, booklets, and other media for communicating new plans to employees (i.e. open enrollment). Conducts employee meetings and arranges for enrollment of employees in optional plans. Revises and reissues all communications material on benefits from time to time. Advises and counsels management and employees on existing benefits.
- Assures company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act. Supervises preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Reviews and analyzes changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and reports necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinates company benefits, with government sponsored programs.
- Assists managed facilities with employee relations matters and recommends appropriate steps for resolution.
- Performs investigations related to facility personnel issues.
- Responds to HR related complaints/concerns received on Compliance Hotline.
- Provides FMLA and ADA guidance and support to corporate personnel and managed facilities.
- Performs regular I-9 audits at managed facilities and provides guidance on I-9 issues.
- Reviews and monitors managed facility’s compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Monitors Worker Compensation claims and provides guidance to managed facilities for prompt resolution.
- Works with insurance carrier and broker on Worker Compensation claims issues, processes and programs.
- Assists managed facilities with Worker Compensation Cost Containment renewals.
- Provides guidance to managed facilities related to their Safety Programs.
- Prepares unemployment claim responses for corporate and assists managed communities with unemployment claim issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by VP or Human Resources.
- Three (3) years’ exempt level experience in benefits administration and a minimum of 4 years Human Resources experience.
- PHR or SPHR certification required.
- Must possess, as a minimum, Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Up to 20% travel is required (predominately during open enrollment periods.
- Must possess and maintain valid Colorado driver’s license.
- Strong communication skills and positive customer service delivery skills are necessary.
- Knowledge of employee rules and regulations required. Previous health care industry experience preferred. Ability to travel 20% of the time (may increase certain times of year).
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with all levels of the organization.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to nursing facility administrative procedures.
- Must possess a broad knowledge of human resources.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., necessary for maintaining a sound operation.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, stakeholders and government agencies/personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
- Ability to make formal presentations to all levels of the Company and facilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people in potentially stressful situations
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled.
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!