- Are you perfectionistic and like things just so?
- Do you like to deliver high quality service?
- Is managing multiple things at one time easy for you?
- Do you like to supervise and help others grow?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. Vivage Senior Living is the combined entity of two established Colorado senior housing and post-acute healthcare leaders: Quality Life Management and Piñon Management. "Vivage" means "celebrating aging" inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care.. right place..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The Housekeeping Supervisor will supervise, hire, train, schedule, and evaluate departmental employees. The person in this role will purchase stock and distribute supplies and equipment and perform duties of personnel in each department. They will ensure the community is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner, ensure that resident and community laundry is properly washed, dried, weighed, and handled.
- Supervise day-to-day housekeeping/laundry functions of assigned personnel
- Coordinate daily housekeeping/laundry services with nursing service when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident-living and/or common areas
- Assure that all resident and community laundry is properly washed, dried, folded, hung and stored
- Have a working knowledge of commercial and domestic washers, dryers, and extractors and train and orient assigned personnel in the proper techniques and use of the equipment
- Understand functions of various soaps, bleaches, softeners, and other chemicals and train and orient assigned personnel in the proper techniques and use of these substances
- Recognize various fabrics and know proper laundry procedures and train and orient assigned personnel to handle the various fabrics accordingly
- Maintain professional confidentiality
- Assure that refuse is disposed of daily in accordance with the established sanitation procedures
- Assure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable, and attractive manner
- Assure that equipment is cleaned, properly stored, and all equipment and supply needs are recommended to the Maintenance Director
- Assure that an adequate supply of housekeeping/laundry supplies are maintained
- Conduct daily inspections of assigned work areas to assure cleanliness and sanitary conditions are maintained promoting process improvement and developing standards
- Assign personnel to specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments and ensure that schedules are followed
- Review and evaluate the work performance of assigned personnel
- Assist in developing procedures for performing daily housekeeping/laundry tasks
- Interpret departmental policies and procedures to new housekeeping/laundry personnel
- Assist in the orientation and training of housekeeping/laundry department personnel
- Train and orient assigned personnel in the proper techniques of mixing chemicals, cleaning, disinfectants, solutions, cleaning methods, use of equipment, etc., at directed
- Provide leadership
- Promotes and implements human resource values by planning and managing human resources programs; directing staff
- Human Resources management, retaining employees and hiring
- Management proficiency and managing profitability
Policy and Procedure Duties:
- Assure that personnel are performing assigned tasks in accordance with established housekeeping/laundry procedures
- Assure that housekeeping/laundry personnel follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and using equipment’s and supplies
- Assure that established infection control practices are maintained when performing housekeeping/laundry procedures
- Coordinate routine/terminal isolation procedures with nursing services
- Assure that fire protection and prevention programs are maintained by department personnel in accordance with the fire-safety policies and procedures
- Attend departmental and staff meetings
- Submit accident/incident reports
- Perform administrative requirements
- Report all hazardous conditions and/or equipment to the executive director
- Maintain confidentiality of resident care information
- Assure that the residents’ personal property rights are maintained by assigned personnel
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to use cleaning supplies and equipment; ability to use laundry supplies and equipment; aware of housekeeping and laundry policies and procedures
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some departmental experienced (preferred)