Housekeeping Supervisor - University Heights
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
At University Heights we are dedicated to enhancing the lives of those we serve. Whether the need is for short-term rehabilitation or for an extended period of time, it is our goal to exceed the expectations of our residents by providing quality care and exceptional service. Conveniently located just minutes away from most hospitals, shopping and restaurants in Aurora. Our goal is to deliver compassionate care specifically geared toward the individual needs of you or your loved one. Each resident receives on-going assessments from our highly trained and caring interdisciplinary team members. A personalized plan of care is created for each resident. Family members are encouraged to take an active role in care planning sessions.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, University Heights is seeking a HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR at their 120 bed skilled nursing community located in Aurora, CO
The primary responsibility the HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR is to plan, organize, develop, and coordinate the overall operation of the Housekeeping Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, develop, organize, evaluate, and direct the housekeeping department.
- Develop and maintain written housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Review the department’s policies, procedure manuals, job descriptions, etc.
- Interpret the department’s policies and procedures to employees, residents, and visitors.
- Coordinate housekeeping services and activities with other related departments.
- Review and develop a plan of correction for housekeeping deficiencies noted during survey inspections.
- Meet with housekeeping personnel on a regularly scheduled basis, and solicit advice for inter-department concerns.
- Schedule and announce departmental meeting times, dates, place, etc.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of housekeeping personnel.
- Assign a sufficient number of housekeeping personnel for each tour of duty.
- Monitor absenteeism.
- Schedule department working hours, work assignments, cleaning schedules, etc.
- Review and check competence of housekeeping personnel and make necessary adjustments/corrections.
- Counsel, discipline, or terminate if as necessary.
- Conduct departmental performance evaluations.
- Review and develop a plan of correction for housekeeping deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provide a written copy for the Administrator.
- Develop and participate in the planning, conducting, scheduling, of in-service training classes, on-the-job training, and orientation programs.
- Assist in preparing and planning the housekeeping department’s budget.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must have, as a minimum, three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital or other related medical facility.
- Training in environmental control policies and procedures preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of housekeeping practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of housekeeping areas.
- Must perform regular inspections of resident rooms/units for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
University Heights is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!