- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Jackson Creek Senior Living is the vision of a group of individuals and organizations who sought to bring a quality and vibrant senior lifestyle to the Tri-Lakes area. The result is a new community opening in fall 2018, ready to serve and support your individual retirement choices. Located in the heart of it all, Jackson Creek Senior Living is a full-service senior community with independent living apartments, assisted living apartments and a memory care neighborhood.
Locally Owned, Designed and Built
Jackson Creek Senior Living is owned by local companies who shared a vision for senior living in Monument that would be unique to the local community, and not a template reproduced in other markets. Owners include Colorado Structures, Inc., of Colorado Springs. Established in 1978, CSI is a general contractor providing general contracting, construction management and design-build services. More than 90 percent of its business comes from repeat customers, a sign of quality workmanship. Minority owners for Jackson Creek include Greenwood Capital and Vivage Senior Living. All organizations are Colorado based and committed to excellence in senior living, including our architects and interior designers.
Managed by WellAge Senior Communities
Jackson Creek Senior Living is operated and managed by WellAge Senior Communities. A division of Vivage Senior Living, WellAge is a recognized, quality senior living manager, located in Colorado. Its experience includes senior independent housing, assisted living care and specialized programs for persons with Alzheimer’s, dementia and other types of memory loss and a community to developing communities that focus on the mind, body and spirit of residents living in these communities.
- Are you naturally good at effectively communicating with others?
- Do you like to deliver high quality service?
- Are you an individual who enjoys managing multiple things at one time?
- Does it excite you to be a part of a team who helps and cares for others?
Be a part of our new Senior Living community Jackson Creek Senior Living. Located in Monument nestled high on the beautiful Palmer Divide, Jackson Creek Senior Living is launching an expansive 127,885 square foot three-story design on 6.4 scenic acres. The community will offer 27 independent living apartments, 80 assisted living units and 30 memory care units and includes onsite parking with garages, surrounded by decorative landscaping and gardens. The elegant design gives a natural “Colorado feel” with colors of autumn orange, browns and grey surrounded by ornamental grasses and local perennials.
Amenities will include a dedicated focus on wellness, including a 24-hour onsite nurse, state-of-the-art call system, wander-management technology, clinic, therapy gym as well as personalized lifestyle recreation and leisure offerings. Jackson Creek will offer a variety of chef-prepared culinary and dining experiences and outdoor lifestyle experiences include walking paths with access to regional nature trails, decorative water features, and garden and horticulture areas. Jackson Creek will offer its own radio station, a convenient dog wash area and a hearing loop in select areas.
The Housekeeping Assistant will perform the day-to-day activities of the housekeeping department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing the community. The person in this position will ensure the community is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner. The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current and existing federal and state regulations and established company policy and procedures.
Cleaning Duties: 45% time
- Clean/polish furnishing, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, etc., in resident rooms and recreational areas daily as instructed
- Clean, wash, sanitize, and/or polish bathroom fixtures
- Clean windows/mirrors in resident rooms, recreational areas, bathrooms, and entrance/exit ways
- Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc.
- Clean carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting,
- Clean walls and ceiling by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
- Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc. from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions
- Clean hallways, stairways, and elevators
- Discard waste/trash into proper containers and reline trash receptacles with plastic liner
- Clean work/supply carts, equipment, etc. as necessary and directed
- Perform terminal cleaning procedures, as instructed, when a resident is discharged, and/or transferred
- Assure that work/cleaning procedures schedules are followed as closely as practical
Housekeeping Duties: 35% time
- Seek new methods and principles and incorporate them into housekeeping practices
- Maintain appearance of housekeeping areas in a safe, clean, and comfortable manner
- Perform assigned day-to-day housekeeping functions
- Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments and established housekeeping procedures
- Assure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable and attractive manner
- Assure that work/assignment areas are clean and that equipment, tools, supplies, etc. are properly stored at all times, including before leaving such areas for breaks, meal times, and end of the work day.
- Assure that an adequate inventory or housekeeping supplies are maintained
- Report burned out light bulbs, exit lights, overhead lights, fluorescent lights, room-call lights, etc., to the supervisor as soon as practical
- Keep work/assignment areas free of hazardous objects, such as protruding mop/broom handles, unnecessary equipment, supplies, etc.
Quality Standard Duties: 15% time
- Ensures established infection control practices are maintained when performing housekeeping measures
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and using equipment and supplies
- Report all hazardous conditions or equipment
- Follow established fire-safety policies and procedures
- Report all accidents/incidents to the supervisor
- Maintain the confidentiality of resident-care information
Department Duties: 10 % time
- Assist others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc., as directed or requested
- Honor resident’s personal property
- Turn in all found articles to the supervisor
- Attend departmental and staff meetings
- Attend and participate in in-service education classes and on-the-job training programs
- Ability to organize and prioritize the workload
- Work efficiently and effectively
- Demonstrates friendliness and enthusiasm
- Demonstrates resourcefulness
- Demonstrates honesty
- Have empathy, a caring attitude and sincere interest in others
- Work well with people including staff, residents, families
- Ability to foster teamwork
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Have an imagination and creative skills
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Properly use supplies and maintain equipment; follow written and oral instructions concerning the mixture of cleaning compounds, liquids, cleaning instruction, etc.
Understands proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: High School Diploma or GED (preferred) Experience: One-year experience in a health care facility (preferred)
- Walking 3 hours per shift
- Standing 4-5 hours per shift while cleaning
- Lifting 1-20# frequently, 21-35# occasionally, 36-70# rarely
- Pushing 1-20# frequently, 21-35# occasionally, 36-70# rarely
- Pulling 1-20# frequently, 21-35# occasionally, 36-70# rarely
- Bending, reaching, squatting, and kneeling, crawling and climbing
- Use of large and small housekeeping equipment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!