Housekeeper/Laundry Services - University Heights
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
At University Heights we are dedicated to enhancing the lives of those we serve. Whether the need is for short-term rehabilitation or for an extended period of time, it is our goal to exceed the expectations of our residents by providing quality care and exceptional service. Conveniently located just minutes away from most hospitals, shopping and restaurants in Aurora. Our goal is to deliver compassionate care specifically geared toward the individual needs of you or your loved one. Each resident receives on-going assessments from our highly trained and caring interdisciplinary team members. A personalized plan of care is created for each resident. Family members are encouraged to take an active role in care planning sessions.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, University Heights is seeking a HOUSEKEEPER/LAUNDRY WORKER at their 120 bed skilled nursing community located in Aurora, CO.
The primary responsibility of your job position is to perform day-to-day activities of the Laundry and Housekeeping Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that work and cleaning schedules are followed as closely as practical.
- Coordinate daily housekeeping and laundry services with nursing services when performing routine assignments.
- Laundry Services:
- Collect soiled laundry (linens and clothing) from all living and medical units:
- Sort unwashed articles by color and fabric and tracks all items collected. Load and unload automatic washing and drying machines; wash, fold, and place clean articles on racks by units. Press/iron garments as instructed.
- Maintain accurate record of all in-coming and out-going clothing items
- File laundry sheets and request records for future reference.
- Routinely handle chemicals commonly used in laundry and performs custodial duties in the laundry area.
- Housekeeping Services:
- Sweep, buff and mop all area floors.
- Dust and polish furniture or equipment.
- Vacuum carpets and drapery.
- Sanitize sinks, toilets, tubs and shower areas.
- Clean mirrors, lighting fixtures, doors, walls.
- Replenish paper products, hand soap products, and wastebasket liners.
- Remove trash/wash out trash receptacles on a regular basis.
- Maintain housekeeping cart and utility closets in sanitary and orderly condition.
- Replenish cart supplies at end of shift in preparation for next day’s use.
- Inform supervisor of supply or equipment needs.
- Keeps storage areas locked with supplies properly stored according to established procedures.
- Report any damaged or loose fixtures, flooring, or tiling requiring replacement or repair, any unsafe or malfunctioning equipment, any conditions conducive to breeding insects, rodents or other vermin.
- Wash and sanitize resident room after resident discharge.
- Follow proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions used for cleaning.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information including protected health information.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Attend and participate in facility mandatory in-service training programs as scheduled.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess, as a minimum, an 8th grade education.
- No experience required.
Unviersity Heights is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!