Health Information Manager
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Highline Rehablitation and Care Community is seeking a Full Time HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGER at their 135 bed skilled nursing community located in Denver, CO.
The primary responsibility of the HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGER is to establish and maintain a medical records/health information system following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to assure that a complete medical record and health information program is maintained. A successfull HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGER in our community has these traits and attributes:
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains accurate record of daily and monthly census
- Completes required audits (i.e. Admission, Discharge, Re-admission, Quarterly audit, Physician visit)
- Accurately maintain organized paper and electronic charts for current and discharged residents
- Appropriately thin charts in adherence with the company’s thinning schedule
- Scan documents in PCC in order to move forward with electronic records
- Responsible for keeping purged files well organized
- Maintain appropriate current forms and make available to IDT
- Prepare charts for all new admissions with all required forms; obtain hospital discharge summary for those who are admitted and re-admitted from the hospital
- Responsible for creating face sheets and inserted into the chart within forty-eight (48) hours of admission
- Maintain diagnosis list with proper Codes; ensure updates as changes occur
- Ensure proper diagnosis coding per ICD-10 CM Coding guidelines
- Update daily mailing and filing and keep track of medical professionals signatures on orders and other required documents
- Maintain current credentials for all outside medical professionals providing care to residents
- Maintain signature logs for medical and nursing staff
- Assure medical information is released per HIPAA standards and keep the ROI log current. Inform NHA and DON of any ROI requests
- Educate and provide training to IDT on HIPAA privacy and security regulation
- Attend monthly QAPI meetings and prepare for them as needed
- Keep admission and discharge registers current
- Close chart per regulations within thirty (30) days of discharge including all required documentation. Charts will be closed in chronological or reverse chronological order
- Keep discharge records well organized and secure per HIPAA regulation and destroy them per federal and state regulation
- Attend weekly Medicare meetings and prepare for them as required
- Attend triple check and prepare for it as required
- Complete physician certification and recertification for all Medicare and managed care part A services
- Assure appropriate Medicare notices are provided timely and within guidelines; maintain working knowledge of required current notices. In some cases HIM may have to issue these notices
- Perform data entry of Accident and Incident reports as required
- May supervise department employees to include hiring, firing, evaluating, coaching, scheduling, etc.
- Works closely with physicians, therapists, consultants, hospital personnel, and nursing staff. Also with other supervisors and staff within the facility in relation to resident care documentation, as well as with the corporate HIM consultant
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Must be licensed in accordance with laws of this state.
- Must be a certified registered record administrator (RRA), a registered health information technician (RHIT), or an accredited record technician (ART), recognized by the American Medical Record Association.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minumum, a high school diploma.
- Must be a graduate of an approved course for medical record technicians.
- Must have, as a minimum, three (3) years experience in medical records for a health care facility.
- Two (2) years HIM experience preferred.
- Two (2) years supervisory experience preferred.
Highline is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!