Health Information Manager - Christopher House
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Information Technology
Christopher House Rehabilitation and Care Community offers a dedicated post-acute transitional care unit, complete with a 1,025 square-foot state-of-the-art therapy gym, private entrance, upscale amenities, and a complete recovery program tailored to your personalized needs. Our experienced team is ready to deliver complex clinical care, meeting the needs of those requiring bariatric surgical recovery, diabetic management, and wound treatment.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Christopher House is seeking a Full Time HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGER at their 72 bed skilled nursing community located in Wheat Ridge, CO.
The primary responsibility of the HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGER is to establish and maintain a medical records/health information system following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to assure that a complete medical record and health information program is maintained. A successfull HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGER in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Ensure proper diagnosis coding per ICD-10 CM Coding guidelines
- Assure medical information is released per HIPAA standards and keep the ROI log current. Inform NHA and DON of any ROI requests
- Attend weekly Medicare meetings and prepare for them as required
- Works closely with physicians, therapists, consultants, hospital personnel, and nursing staff. Also with other supervisors and staff within the facility in relation to resident care documentation, as well as with the corporate HIM consultant
- Maintains accurate record of daily and monthly census
- Must be licensed in accordance with laws of this state.
- Must be a certified registered record administrator (RRA), a registered health information technician (RHIT), or an accredited record technician (ART), recognized by the American Medical Record Association.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minumum, a high school diploma.
- Must be a graduate of an approved course for medical record technicians.
- Must have, as a minimum, three (3) years experience in medical records for a health care facility.
Christopher House is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!