Health Information Manager - Aviva at Fitzsimons
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
We are hiring a full-time HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGER at our new community, Aviva at Fitzsimons, located at 13525 E 23rd Ave, Aurora, CO 80045.
The primary responsibility of the HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGER is to manage all functions within the Medical Records department including assembling, storing, and safe keeping of resident medical records. The Medical records department must be well organized and functional at all times. This position requires a working knowledge of federal and state regulations and ability to adhere to company policies and procedures. You are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. The position is an unarmed security position.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains accurate record of daily and monthly census
- Completes required audits (i.e. Admission, Discharge, Re-admission, Quarterly audit, Physician visit)
- Accurately maintain organized paper and electronic charts for current and discharged residents
- Appropriately thin charts in adherence with the company’s thinning schedule
- Scan documents in PCC in order to move forward with electronic records
- Responsible for keeping purged files well organized
- Maintain appropriate current forms and make available to IDT
- Prepare charts for all new admissions with all required forms; obtain hospital discharge summary for those who are admitted and re-admitted from the hospital
- Responsible for creating face sheets and inserted into the chart within forty-eight (48) hours of admission
- Maintain diagnosis list with proper Codes; ensure updates as changes occur
- Ensure proper diagnosis coding per ICD-10 CM Coding guidelines
- Update daily mailing and filing and keep track of medical professionals signatures on orders and other required documents
- Maintain current credentials for all outside medical professionals providing care to residents
- Maintain signature logs for medical and nursing staff
- Assure medical information is released per HIPAA standards and keep the ROI log current. Inform NHA and DON of any ROI requests
- Educate and provide training to IDT on HIPAA privacy and security regulation
- Attend monthly QAPI meetings and prepare for them as needed
- Keep admission and discharge registers current
- Close chart per regulations within thirty (30) days of discharge including all required documentation. Charts will be closed in chronological or reverse chronological order
- Keep discharge records well organized and secure per HIPAA regulation and destroy them per federal and state regulation
- Attend weekly Medicare meetings and prepare for them as required
- Attend triple check and prepare for it as required
- Complete physician certification and recertification for all Medicare and managed care part A services
- Assure appropriate Medicare notices are provided timely and within guidelines; maintain working knowledge of required current notices. In some cases HIM may have to issue these notices
- Perform data entry of Accident and Incident reports as required
- May supervise department employees to include hiring, firing, evaluating, coaching, scheduling, etc.
- Works closely with physicians, therapists, consultants, hospital personnel, and nursing staff. Also with other supervisors and staff within the facility in relation to resident care documentation, as well as with the corporate HIM consultant
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma.
- Two (2) years supervisory experience preferred.
- Two (2) years HIM experience preferred.
- Licensed in accordance with laws of this state preferred.
- Certified registered record administrator (RRA), a registered health information technician (RHIT), or an accredited record technician (ART), recognized by the American Medical Record Association preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minumum, a high school diploma.
- Must be a graduate of an approved course for medical record technicians.
- Must have, as a minimum, three (3) years experience in medical records for a health care facility.
Aviva at Fitzsimons is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!