Food and Nutrition Services Supervisor I The Green House Homes
Food and Nutrition Services Supervisor
- Are you passionate about building relationships and connections with people?
- Do you like to collaborate and work as part of a team?
- Are you passionate about delivering high quality service?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. Vivage Senior Living is the combined entity of two established Colorado senior housing and post-acute healthcare leaders: Quality Life Management and Piñon Management. "Vivage” means "celebrating aging” inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care….. right place…..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
Engaging Culture ~ Competitive Pay ~ Growth Opportunities ~ Great Benefits ~ Family Environment ~ Payactiv
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The primary responsibility of your job position is to assist the Food and Nutrition Services Aide and Manager in planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of the Food Service Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to assure that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and that the Food Service Department is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
- Interacts with residents, elders, clients as needed and communicates relevant information to the manager
- Assist in the recruitment, interviewing, selection and training of food service personnel
- Assist in establishing a food service production line
- Assist in interviewing/obtaining food supply vendors as requested
- Assist in the purchasing of food service supplies, equipment, etc., as required
- Assist in planning regular and special diet menus to assure they are in compliance with the physician’s orders
- Participate in maintaining records of the resident’s food likes and dislikes
- Assist in developing methods for determining the quality and quantity of food served
- Assist with coordinating food services and activities with other related departments
- Assist in developing and maintaining written food services policies and procedures
- Inspect kitchen and dish rooms, food storage rooms, utility/janitorial closets, etc., for upkeep and supply control
Education and Experience
- Must have, as a minimum one (1) year experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility
- Must have current food safety certification as acceptable per state recommendations
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma
Vivage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Green House