Food & Nutrition Manager
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Food Service
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently Christopher House is seeking a Full-Time FOOD & NUTRITION MANAGER at their 72 bed skilled nursing community located in Wheatridge, CO.
The primary responsibility of the FOOD & NUTRITION MANAGER is to assist the Dietitian and or Dietary Manager in planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of the Food Service Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to assure that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and that the Food Service Department is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner. A successful FOOD & NUTRITION MANAGER in our community MUST have a current C.D.M. Certification or ACTIVELY enrolled and participating in the course.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of food services practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing food services functions in nursing care facilities.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, and maintain the appearance of food service areas.
- Must perform regular inspections of food services service area for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc ., of the Food Service Department.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma.
- Must have, as a minimum one (1) year experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
- Must have a current Certified Dietary Manager (C.D.M.) Certification or be actively enrolled and participating in the C.D.M. course.
Christopher House is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
No agencies or affiliates please.