- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Food Service
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
We are hiring a full-time DIETARY MANAGER at our new community, Aviva at Fitzsimons, in Aurora, Colorado!
The primary responsibility of the DIETARY MANAGER is the production and service of high quality meals; organize, supervise, and train dining services employees; purchase food and supplies; provide a sanitary and infection free environment; participate in the assessment process; write care plans; prepare menus and meals; make decisions. Prepare, cook, season, and serve adequate, attractive, nutritious, and balanced meals, including meat, fish, fowl, vegetables, fruit, soups, salads, desserts, breads, and pastries, as specified and scheduled by the menus. The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate food services and activities with other related departments.
- Assist in developing and maintaining written food services policies and procedures.
- Interpret the department’s policies and procedures to residents, employees, visitors, government agencies, etc., as necessary.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing necessary forms, reports, evaluations, studies, etc to assure control of equipment and supplies.
- Develop and maintain a file of tested standard recipes.
- Inspect kitchen, dish room, food storage rooms, utility/janitorial closets, etc., for upkeep and supply control.
- Interview residents or family members, as necessary to obtain diet history.
- Participate in maintaining records of the resident’s food likes and dislikes.
- Provide substitute foods or similar nutritive value to residents who refuse food served.
- Assist in developing methods for determining the quality and quantity of food served.
- Ensure that menus are maintained and filed.
- Assist in planning regular and special diet menus to assure they are in compliance with the physician’s orders.
- Evaluate and implement recommendations from established committees as they may pertain to food services.
- Assist in the recruitment, interviewing, selection and training of food services personnel.
- Schedule department work hours.
- Counsel/discipline food service personnel as requested of as necessary.
- Terminate employment when necessary, documenting and coordinating such actions with the HR Director and/or Administrator.
- Monitor absenteeism.
- Assist in establishing a food service production line.
- Conduct departmental performance evaluations.
- Assist in interviewing/obtaining food supply vendors as requested.
- Purchases food service supplies, equipment, etc., as required.
- Assist in planning department’s budget and maintains records for monthly expenditures.
- Interacts with residents/elders/clients and may recording summary in a medical record
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information including protected health information.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
License/Certification Dietitian, ADA, Diet Technician, chef, and/or dietary manager meeting current requirements established by the state regulatory agency.
Graduation from a course in food service supervision which meets the standards established by the American Dietetic Association or a graduate of another course in food service supervision with 90 or more hours in classroom instruction with the on-the-job counseling by a dietitian.
Education: High school diploma.
Experience: Previous experience in the dietary department of a health care facility preferred.
Job Knowledge: Ability to read, write, and use mathematics and units of measurement, knowledge of menus, recipes, food purchasing, preparation, and storage, ability to supervise and manage, knowledge of community policies and procedures and job descriptions.
Aviva at Fitzsimons is proudly a managed facility of:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
No agencies or affiliates please.