Environmental Services Supervisor
Environmental Services Supervisor
- Do you like to deliver high quality service?
- Is managing multiple things at one time easy for you?
- Do you like to supervise and help others grow?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. "Vivage" means "celebrating aging" inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care.. right place..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The primary responsibility of your job position is to assist with planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of Housekeeping and/or Laundry Departments following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
- Assist the Manager/Director with planning, developing, organizing, evaluating, and directing the housekeeping department.
- Interpret the department’s policies and procedures to employees, residents, and visitors.
- Coordinate housekeeping/laundry services and activities with other related departments.
- Assist with the review and development plan of correction for housekeeping/laundry deficiencies noted during survey inspections.
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which housekeeping tasks will be performed. Make recommendations to the Manager/Director.
- Submit accident/incident reports to the Manager/Director within twelve (12) hours after their occurrence.
- Assist in identifying, evaluating, and classifying routine and job related functions to ensure that housekeeping/laundry tasks involving potential exposure to blood/body fluids are properly identified and recorded.
- Ensure that personnel follow established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies at all times ensure use of PPE.
- Meet with housekeeping personnel on a regularly scheduled basis, and solicit advice for inter-department concerns; review complaints made by department personnel.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of housekeeping personnel.
- Assist with staff schedule preparation.
- Monitor absenteeism.
- Make recommendations to Manager/Director on counseling, discipline, or termination.
- Conduct departmental performance evaluations.
- Assist with developing, planning, conducting, scheduling, of in-service training classes, on-the-job training, and orientation programs.
- Assist in preparing and planning the housekeeping department’s budget.
- Meets with vendors about housekeeping and laundry products and supplies.
- Monitor procedures to ensure that supplies are used in an efficient manner to avoid waste.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Attend leadership meetings and sit on safety committee.